Bar Mitzvah Invitations - Bar Mitzvah Invitation Design Choices
With so many choices in Bar Mitzvah invitations, how can you set your son’s apart and make it special? How can you get that ‘Wow!’ impression from your friends? No one can make those design decisions but you, but look at the following list to see what your options are in each of the following categories:
1. Paper Color – This is the first thing that registers in the mind of the guest reading the invitation he or she just got in the mail. The most common choices for Bar Mitzvah Invitations are as follows: cream, black, pink, emerald green, navy blue, fuchsia, meadow green, gold, olive, teal, dark bark brown, gray, royal purple, dark cherry red, and crimson . Now that you’ve thought of a color, move on to the next item of business.
2. Background Pattern – This is optional. Basically, there is a frequently repeated image over the card’s background. This could be a floral or a traditional Jewish symbol. If you’ve nixed or picked a background pattern, then you can move on.
3. Elegance – Do you want a high-end or a low-end card type? You can get jacket & pocket, layered textures, party themes, religious imagery, or ribbons and bows. Included in this section are printing techniques such as embossing, engraving, thermography, letterpress, and calligraphy. You might want to hire a professional calligrapher at this stage.
4. Borders – They can be thick or thin, multi-colored or solid, and dotted or solid. The options are endless, but it needs to be integrated with the initial paper color choice. Borders are like frames. Treat them that way, and it will look good.
5. Photographs – It’s not appropriate to include a photograph of the person who Bar Mitzvah it is because it’s construed as tacky. However, choose from a wide variety of stunning photographs – sometimes of a religious monument or Jewish artifact or household item. Anything that evokes religious sentiment is good, and anything that speaks of a person’s maturity is good too. Photographs are akin to a 1,000 words.
6. Religious Imagery – The most stunning and memorable Bar Mitzvah invitations use religious religious imagery to evoke strong spiritual impressions on the guests and invitees. Yours can be as ornate as possible, and it will look fabulous.
There are no limits to your design choices in Bar Mitzvah Invitations , but hopefully this list has covered some of the basics.